Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kosher banana bread recipe




I used to make banana bread often, but because the recipe I was using contains sugar, dairy and eggs, I avoided eating more than one or two pieces a day. That was difficult to me because I’m big banana bread fan.

What I needed was banana bread without additional fats from dairy and eggs.

One week ago, I visited my friend Sally. Sally’s mother feasted us with delicious pieces of banana bread in combination with honey. When I tried the bread I was overjoyed by its taste.

I felt the bread was lighter than the one I was making; it didn't have the smell of milk neither eggs.

I asked Sally’s mother for the recipe and I realized that this recipe was what I was looking for long time.

Now I can make real sugar free banana bread which is easy-to-make, quick, but sill delicious and is perfect for breakfast or snack for the family or friends, and what’s most important is that this bread can be added on our list of kosher breads.

Unlike most banana bread recipes that contain sugar, dairy or eggs; this kosher bread uses none of them, but is still delicious. Feel free to substitute whole wheat flour for emmer flour and almond milk for soy milk.

Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a standard loaf pan with parchment paper.

In a mixing bowl add the ground emmer flour, baking soda, baking flour and the irreplaceable chia seeds. Chop the walnuts and pitted dates into small pieces. Add them to the flour mixture.

In another bowl, mix the liquid ingredients and add in mashed bananas and mixing constantly until you get homogeneous mixture.

Pour the liquid to the dry mixture, stir until well combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the previously preheated oven for about 1 hour.



For more information about this recipe visit http://www.yellowpages.com/inwood-ny/mip/zomicks-bakery-459454856. You can give a 5 star rating if you want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment